Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Project......

I bought this pattern book at the Hershey Quilt show just for this pattern. It was done up in Christmas fabrics and there were several of them. It looked cute. But pictures can be deceiving......but this one wasn't. I decided I'd give it a go, see what it looked like in person. I made it out of Halloween fabrics so I can fill it with cookies and give it to my Granddaughter for Halloween. I may make another for my parents, since it was pretty quick and easy. Check out the photos below. I'll have to find out the book and author name and update here later as that's all downstairs in my quilting room.
Side shot. Like my button choice!!
 
This view (above) shows the little part inside that covers the contents and ties with a drawstring.
Front view.

So how do you like it? I think it's adorable!! And it will hold at least a dozen cookies, if not more. I'm going to make some for Christmas too. When I do those I'll post for all to see. What a productive day for me. I have another cut out. I might go whip it together now.

**Addition: I found the book, it's called Hugs and Holly and you can find it at the Wooden Bear. Here's the link to their site: http://www.thewoodenbear.com/index.htm.
I've made 2 bags like this one, and now I'm finishing up to in a more Fall motif. Everyone that has seen them loves them. And I agree, they are pure AWESOMENESS!!!!! I plan on making them for all the holidays and seasons. Perfect little baskets to have on hand when you need a little something to brighten someones day. Make 'em up ahead of time and when you need them, fill it with cookies, candy, sewing notions, a gift, whatever....and ta dah - instant awesome gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment